Why take a home paternity test?

The benefit of this test is that it can be done from the comfort of your own home and results will be received in only 3 to 5 working days! Some companies only use a 16 genetic marker profile but our tests are carried out on a 21 genetic marker basis for your complete peace of mind. We recommend including the mother’s sample if available as this may help provide a stronger result.

Due to New York State Department of Health regulations, we cannot offer any peace of mind paternity or relationship tests to New York residents. However, we can offer legal paternity and relationship tests in New York. Contact us or click here for more information.

Is a home test court admissible?

Your home test results are not court admissible which means they are entirely for your peace of mind but the result is just as accurate and reliable as a legal test result.  This only reason home paternity test results are not accepted in court is because the sample collection is not performed according to the required chain of custody procedures. Click here for more information about legal testing.

What DNA samples can I use?

We keep things simple for you when it comes to sample collection and anything related to your test. Samples are collected with our home sample collection kit which we will post as soon as we get your order. The kit contains the mouth swabs you need to quickly and collect samples in just a few basic steps. No professional assistance required. If for any reason you are unable to collect mouth swab samples, send us another type of DNA sample. Hair, toothbrushes and semen are just some examples of samples we can use.

A complete list of samples is available at our forensic sample list page.

Note: We can only guarantee standard result turnaround time when testing takes place solely using oral swab samples. Using a forensic sample for your test may lead to an increase in turnaround time.

How does your paternity test work?

We know that a child inherits half his or her DNA from their father (and the other half from their mother). Due to this law of genetic inheritance, if we look at specific DNA locations (which we call genetic loci or markers) on the DNA profile of the alleged father and the child, these DNA locations will be exactly the same, matching at every locus, if the tested father is the biological father. Hence, in our case, were test 21 genetic markers, we will need an exact match between every locus in order to confirm that the tested man is the biological father. Results will in such cases show a probability of paternity of 99.99%. If there are genetic markers which do not match, the results will show a probability of paternity of 0%.